My canon dslr.

This blog is about my journey of learning to get onto the creative side of my canon camera. I have also started a challenge with my 3 sisters to post 4 photos a week, we each take turns to pick our theme, I also have started a photo a day for the month of January with a group on the internet.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Homemade or hand made, kind off.

Last of Sharons, Home made kind off. or maybe Jacky's budget meal, but this isn't a meal.
Take one pair of cheap (now $5 from k-mart ) canvas shoes,  print out image on special transfer paper, image from my library, let image set and stuff shoes with something really hard, I used an old shoe last.  Get iron really hot, do not use steam, in fact empty iron first, then hold transfer in place and iron on shoe, as per transfer instructions. and hope for the best.  I put a coat of glue or sealer on top, its like PVA glue.


 I brought 3 pairs as wasn't sure how they would turn out. So now I want a lime green pair. Of course I didnt have lime green paint so used a mix of green, mustard and teal folkart paint.


 
 


Althought they don't look lime green on my computor,  they turned out a lovely lime green, so thats how I did these.  opps I forgot, I put cellotape around the rope soles to stop them getting paint on them, Here they are in the drying stage.

2 comments:

  1. Oh aren't you clever they look good. You have the same metal shoes that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very clever they look great aint i lucky to have 3 talented sisters

    ReplyDelete